Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Photos and Thoughts from a Recent Trip To Michigan

"Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and be saved." - Medieval German saying   Sounds good to me.  I never excelled at these types of logical statements, so I'll just take those old Germans' word for it.

Russ' Restaurant, serving delightful, home-style meals at modest prices in Muskegon, MI.
Reuben Sandwich Soup - how could I resist?  Needed a touch of sauerkraut to meet true perfection, but was pretty good.
I know, a Southwest Cobb Salad in Michigan?  But look at those colors!  Everything was crisp and fresh and the salad dressing was homemade.
Top the day's meal off with homemade cherry pie, from one of the thousands of roadside stands proclaiming: Washed Cherries!  This was undeniably the best cherry pie I've ever eaten, all cherry, very little gelatin filler.  The crust was sublime.
One of the roadside stands offered free tastings of their first batch of their estate wine:  Cheeky Cherry Wine.  After a sip of this slightly sweet, cherry wine, I decided to indulge in a bottle.  It's the first non-grape wine I've tasted and I have to say, they might be off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment