Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bohemian Highway

This summer I have gotten away from my usual menu of Cabernets and have found myself walking through the white aisles. I have really enjoyed some of the New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs, but the label on this Chardonnay appealed to me, and I was having guests who prefer Chardonnay, so I took a chance and bought a bottle to try.

Bohemian Highway makes a nice example of a decent chardonnay at a great price. It's from the Sonoma, CA wine country. The 2007 Chardonnay is priced locally at just $5.99.

For that price you get a buttery chardonnay that tastes great in a chilled wine glass on a warm Sunday afternoon. I prefer a glass of white before dinner. This Chardonnay is clean tasting, with a very nice apple-y/pear-y taste at the onset, and a sweet creamy yet mildly oaky finish, no bitterness at all. Haven't enjoyed a buttery chardonnay in a long time, so this was a good find this summer. The price makes the wine an even better find! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment