Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas To All

Merry Christmas to all my readers this year.  May your glass be full and your gifts exchangeable.
 
 
 
And if you aren't drinking wine by a cozy fire this afternoon or evening, here is something you can do with your unused wine glasses.

I haven't blogged as frequently as I would have liked this year.  I have been too busy working, traveling the world and moving a household.  Next year will certainly bring additional changes, and with them, additional opportunities to write about food and wine.  I hope you will stick with me.

And so, as some of us will be spending time with various members of various parts of various families, just remember, the holidays will be fine as long as there's wine.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. You're a Christmas behind, you know. When are you going to post again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been almost two years since I wrote, and only one reader has missed me? Oh, boo hoo. Well, I realize it has been a while, in the past two years I've had major life changes which took me away from this blog. Or rather I should say, I've allowed my life to interfere with the pleasure I took from writing. I am on the brink of yet another life change (job change/move to another state), but I promise, once I get settled, I will return to writing on a more regular basis. Once every two years is no way to build a blog following. In the meantime, you can check out my posts on Twitter and Facebook, both are under Wine in Thyme.

    Thanks for the comment Snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It has been almost two years since I wrote, and only one reader has missed me?"

    People visit other people's blogs mostly because those people visit their blogs. Some might actually come to care, and I have known a few of those, but even they sometimes come and go as do friends in "real life," and I seldom know why. I do know that pledges of loyalty mean nothing and that they are often made within weeks of a person going away. As you can see, I've gone from hoping to find community to being a little jaded on blogging, but not jaded enough to give it up. One just has to remember that the key is reciprocity rather than the value of one's writing. One of my chief disappointments is that I can spend hours and hours responding to comments without ever known if they' read, which is why I'm behind on my responses to the ones related to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Snow, no prob. I'm glad you posted. I can get caught up on your blog and others now.

    ReplyDelete