Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring is Here, What Wine to Keep Near?


For some people, the first sign of Spring is the blossoming of the crocus, or the blooming of the forsythia bush. To me, the first sign of Spring is the arrival of Peeps in the local grocery stores. That ubiquitious melange of marshmallow molded to symbols of chicks and rabbits, in unnatural shades of purple, yellow, blue and other colors too distasteful to mention.


But face it, once you pull one sticky little Peep from it's perch and pop it in your mouth, you can't stop eating them until at least three or four have followed the first.


Once you realize the horror you've created in your mouth, the first thought that peeps into your brain is probably, "oh my goodness! What can I wash this down with?"


And though I doubt that many people would recommend a specific wine to go with Peeps, I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend any New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. After all, every label I've ever read says it goes great with chicken and rabbit.


Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment