Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Requires a Toast!


Doesn't everyone love champagne?  Why do we wait for New Year's Eve and other very special occasions  to drink it then?  John Maynard Keynes, the father of modern economics said, "my only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne".   I agree - don't leave this life with any regrets, at least as they relate to champagne.  Drink more champagne.  It's good during the day!  It's good at night.  Whether it's toasting in a New Year, a new family member, a wedding, a graduation or celebrating a big win or a small victory, choose the best moments to share a wonderful wine with friends and family.  Yes, I drank some champagne this weekend, as I'm sure many of you did.  (Happy New Year!)  And I'm already planning my next champagne toast - it will be sometime in February, hopefully on the sands of a beach in Cancun.  And I predict it will be the always yummy Piper Heideseck.

Until then, remember what Mark Twain said, "Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right."

No comments:

Post a Comment